Public Health & Human Services
The mission of the Carlton County Public Health and Human Services is to promote the health, safety, dignity, and self-sufficiency of individuals, families, and communities.
In fulfilling this mission, the agency and staff hold the following belief:
- The health and the safety of our communities are vital to the entire population of Carlton County.
- The individual and the family represent the foundation of the community.
- Preserving families and the rights to self-determination are primary values.
Carlton County is located in Northeastern Minnesota and our Public Health and Human Services programs serve a rural county of nearly 34,000 residents. Carlton County Public Health and Human Services operates offices in Cloquet and Moose Lake.
Mental Health Awareness Concert - April 20, 2019
SNAP Benefits and the Government Shut Down
SNAP participants will receive their March benefits via an adjusted early staggered issuance. This will help reduce the amount of time SNAP households have to wait between receiving February benefits, which were issued early, and March benefits. March benefits will be issued as follows:
• Cases ending in the numbers 4, 5 and 6 will receive their food benefits on March 4.
• Cases ending in the numbers 7, 8 and 9 will receive their food benefits on March 5.
• Cases ending in the numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3 will receive their food benefits on March 6.
Suicide Prevention in Carlton County
Crisis Text Line
Whatever you're going through, we're here. Get free help now. Follow these easy steps to reach of our our Crisis Counselors. Minnesota’s suicide prevention and mental health crisis texting services are now available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
People who text MN to 741741 will be connected to the Crisis Text Line.
Crisis Text Line is FREE, 24/7 support for those in crisis, connecting people in crisis to trained Crisis Counselors.
Free Prescription Discount Program
The National Association of Counties offers free discount prescription drug cards. The cards are good at 68,000 retail pharmacies nationwide. The program is free - no membership required. Click here for more details.