Shoreland Information

Filling, grading, excavating and vegetation removal on shoreland property requires a land alteration permit if the activity that you are planning exceeds certain limits. Contact the Zoning and Environmental Services Office for permit thresholds.

MN Department of Natural Resources

Important: Other approvals may be required from federal, state, and local units of government, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, watershed districts, water management organizations, counties, townships, and cities. 

Do I need a permit? MN DNR