Carlton County COVID-19 update 3/25/20
Governor’s Press Conference Information:
Recording can be found here (can be viewed without a Facebook account): https://www.facebook.com/GovTimWalz/
The Governor has initiated a Stay Home Executive Order based on modeling and epidemiological data. He shared that this is the best model based on combining the public health data and economic impacts.
The Minnesota Model (March 27 through April 10) includes:
- Closure of bars, restaurants and other public accommodations (executive orders 20-04 & 20-08) is extended until May 1st at 5pm.
- Authorization of continued e-learning from March 30th through May 4th.
- Planning for building out hospital capacity, increasing access to ventilators & testing, addressing shortage of Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare workers, planning for how to care for and protect vulnerable populations, assessing new data and determining which parts of the model are working and not.
- Essential businesses have been identified: www.mn.gov/deed/critical. Questions about essential positions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job-less or unemployed can visit www.uimn.org.
- Minnesotans may leave their residences only to perform any of the following activities while practicing social distancing:
- Healthy and safety activities
- Outdoor activities
- Necessary supplies and services
- Essential and interstate travel
- Care of others
- Relocation to ensure safety
More information can be found at www.mn.gov/stayhomemn
Carlton County is continuing to follow the recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in best practice for all guidance related to COVID-19.
For worksites interested in posting COVID-19 preventative messaging, please visit MDH’s website for downloads of posters: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/materials/index.html.
For cleaning/sanitizing recommendations, the CDC provides the following guidance:
- Disinfecting your home if someone is sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/disinfecting-your-home.html
- Disinfecting your facility if someone is sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/disinfecting-building-facility.html
Carlton County Public Health and Human Services is continuing to recommend that anyone with general health-related questions about COVID-19 call MDH’s hotline (7am-7pm): 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903.
Carlton County Updates:
Updates from March 24th Press Release still apply. Please note that the Motor Vehicle Registration Office is closed until further notice. Please visit the County webpage for updated details: http://www.co.carlton.mn.us/.
Please continue to access the following websites for the most up to date and accurate information:
(State) Minnesota Department of Health - MDH: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
(National) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
(International) World Health Organization - WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Press releases will continue to be added to Carlton County’s website homepage (www.co.carlton.mn.us), under the Newsflash Section. They will also be added to Carlton County’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/CarltonCountyMN/), along with other community resources.