How do I dispose of…?

The Carlton County Zoning and Environmental Services Office operates the Transfer Station, Household Hazardous Waste Facility and recycling centers. We have programs for the collection and disposal or recycling of:

  • Antifreeze
  • Appliances
  • Batteries
  • Construction or demolition debris
  • Electronics
  • Fluorescent light bulbs
  • Food waste
  • Household garbage
  • Mattresses
  • Medical sharps
  • Recyclables
  • Tires
  • Used oil and oils filters

Additional information and brochures can be found at the Zoning and Environmental Services Recycling and Solid Waste.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do with household medical sharps?
2. What should I do with unwanted medication?
3. How do I dispose of…?
4. What does it cost to get rid of a couch, mattresses, refrigerator, tires, TV, etc.?
5. How do I get rid of unwanted paint, pesticides, solvents, mercury thermometer, rechargeable batteries, cleaners, etc.?
6. Where can I recycle cardboard, plastic, newspaper, etc.?
7. Why can’t I recycle all plastic with a number on the bottom?