Where do I get a permit for a septic system?

A sewage treatment system permit is obtained from the Zoning and Environmental Services Office by you or a licensed designer. A list of licensed inspectors, designers and installers can be found online at the Subsurface Sewage Treatment System Licensed Business and Certified Individual Search. Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems are required to be designed by a designer with a current license from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. If a structure has pressurized water, the structure must be connected to a compliant septic system. For more information, contact us at 218-384-9176.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a Zoning Permit?
2. What is my zoning district?
3. What are the required setbacks?
4. Does the County enforce the State Building Code?
5. Where do I get a permit for installing a well?
6. Where do I get a permit for a septic system?
7. When am I required to have my septic system inspected?
8. Can I fill a swamp or low area on my property?
9. Can I cut down trees on my lakeshore property?