Coming to Court – Can I be compensated?

If you are subpoenaed or called by the Carlton County Attorney’s Office, please arrive 15 minutes before the time scheduled for the case. Please report to the Carlton County Attorney’s Office as soon as you arrive. If you have trouble finding the courthouse or are unavoidably delayed, please call us at (218) 384-9166.

You can receive witness fees for attending court. If you are a minor child, you and your parent who brings you will receive witness fees. These fees include lost wages and mileage. This will be more fully explained on the day of trial.

CRM402.doc (

Show All Answers

1. What is a subpoena?
2. How does a complaint become a criminal case?
3. What is an omnibus hearing?
4. What if the judge decides there is not sufficient evidence at the omnibus hearing?
5. Do cases always go to trial if they are not dismissed?
6. What happens in a trial?
7. How and when is sentencing determined?
8. What if I change my mind about prosecuting or testifying?
9. What if the defense attorney contacts me about the case?
10. What if someone threatens me to drop the charges?
11. Should I be concerned if months pass without hearing from the court or the County Attorney’s Office?
12. Coming to Court – Can I be compensated?
13. Can I be compensated for losses I have suffered as a victim?