How do I know if the offender is still in custody?

There are a number of ways to track defendants who may be in custody. You will need the name of the defendant. A date of birth is helpful.  You may check the Carlton County Jail Roster.

If the defendant is in custody in a state prison, information may be accessed through the Minnesota Department of Corrections website.

VINE, an automated system that will track offenders in MOST of Minnesota's county jails, is available at 1-877-MN-4-VINE (1-877-664-8463). You may also receive a document with sentencing information from your Victim Services Coordinator that will enable you to request that the custodial facility notify you when the defendant is scheduled to be released or furloughed.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact if I have been a victim of a crime?
2. Where is the Victim/Witness Office located?
3. What is Restitution?
4. How can I request restitution?
5. What is Reparations?
6. What is the difference between restitution and reparations?
7. What is a Victim Impact Statement?
8. I’m afraid the offender will want to retaliate against me or my family members.
9. How do I know if the offender is still in custody?
10. How do I prepare for testifying?